Norma Elizabeth Rabe, 94
She was born February 8, 1921 in Polar, daughter of the late George and Mildred (Smith) Schultz. She married Harold Rabe on July 6, 1940 at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Polar. Harold preceded her in death on July 18, 1960.
Mrs. Rabe attended Franklin Grade School. She worked at JC Penney, and Polar Manufacturing. She was a member of Polar’s Happy Homemakers Club. As a 4-H Leader, Norma taught sewing, baking and crafts. She served as Treasurer of the Town of Polar from 1977-1992.
Norma was a wonderful mother and grandmother. She enjoyed reading, playing cards, dancing, card parties and puzzles. She took care of her friends and neighbors, offering rides, food, and visits to those in need.
She was a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Polar, where she was active in Lutheran Church Women, taught Sunday school, and held various offices within the church. Her strong Christian faith was exemplified in her being entrusted as Godmother to eight Godchildren including; Nancy Schultz, Dewain Reimer, Tom Reimer, Danene Rabe, Kenneth Michels, Kathy Wanish, Roger Kegley, and Mike Kegley.
She is survived by a daughter, Sharon (Ken) Selner of Foristell, MO; a son, Gerald (Nancy) Rabe of Winchester, VA; 10 grandchildren, Troy, Sabrina, Lauren, Neil, Tracie, Tia, Travis, Zachary, Christy and Jess; 10 great-grandchildren, Cole, Addison, Abigail, Avery, Grayson, Asher, Tyler, Monica, Eric and Adam; and a sister Rose Marie (George) Mayer of Greenfield, WI.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter, Gayle Olson; 4 sisters, Dorothy Reimer, Delores Schroeder, Betty Jane Skinner, and Nancy Winkler; a brother, Gordon Schultz; great-grandson Alex Olson and son-in-law Albert Olson.
Services will be held on Saturday at 2:00 P.M. at St. John’s Lutheran Church in Polar. Vicar Robert Wilkinson will officiate. Visitation will be from 1:00 P.M. until the service at the church. Interment will be in St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials in Norma’s name may be directed to St. John’s Lutheran Church.