WisDOT continues work to open highways impacted by flooding
Work is still in progress on US 2 at Kakagon River in Ashland County and is anticipated to be completed July 22. The remainder of US 2 is now open to car and light truck traffic detoured onto a local route via River Road, Old US 2 and Kakagon Road. Semi-truck traffic should follow the posted truck detour via US 51, WIS 77, WIS 13, US 63 and US 53.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation continues to assess roadways for damage and detour routes as necessary. Though many routes have been reopened, please use caution when traveling in impacted areas. If you see standing water turnaround.
- US 2 is closed east of Odanah at Kakagon River. Use local route via River Road, Old US 2 and Kakagon Road.
- WIS 13 corridor is closed between Mellen and WIS 112. Use WIS 77, US 63, US 53 and US 2 as alternative route.
- US 63 is closed at Twentymile Creek near Grand View, north of Drummond. Traffic detoured via County Highway N and County Highway A.
- WIS 35 is closed in Riverside at South Markville Road. Traffic detoured via WIS 77 and US 53.
- WIS 122 closed north of US 2 to Michigan State Line. No official detour posted.
- WIS 169 is closed between WIS 13 and US 2. No official detour posted.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution on all area roads and are reminded not to drive through standing water. For up-to-date closures and detour information visit www.511wi.gov, download the free mobile app or follow @511WI on Twitter.