Antigo Police Department to crack down on drunken motorists during the ‘Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over’ campaign
For the Antigo Times
To combat drunken driving, the Antigo Police Department will join other law enforcement agencies throughout Wisconsin participating in the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” national campaign from Dec. 15, 2016 to Jan. 1, 2017.
“Although drunken driving is 100 percent preventable, on average someone is killed or injured in an alcohol-related crash in Wisconsin every three hours,” says Officer May. “And while celebrating the holidays, people may be tempted to drive when they are impaired. During the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign, our officers will be out in force to arrest drunken drivers before they kill or injure themselves or an innocent victim.”
Rather than risk a drunken driving arrest or crash, the Antigo Police Department urges you to follow these common sense suggestions:
- Choose a sober designated driver before you start drinking.
- If you’re feeling buzzed, you likely are over the 0.08 BAC limit and should not drive.
- Take a bus, a taxicab or ask a sober friend to drive you home.
- The Zero In Wisconsin traffic safety program has a free “Drive Sober” mobile app that can be downloaded by visiting gov
- Some taverns and restaurants have programs to provide patrons with a safe ride home. Visit tlw.org/ and click on Safe Ride.
- Report impaired drivers to law enforcement by calling 911.