WisDOT announces weight limits for additional North Central Region state highways
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation today announced the seasonal posting of weight limits on additional state highways in the north central region of the state. The weight restrictions are 6 tons gross load for single axle vehicles and 10 tons gross load for tandem axle vehicles (any two axles under 8 feet apart). The maximum gross weight is 24 tons.
Weight restrictions will be effective at noon on Thursday, February 23, 2017 on the following highways:
- WIS 54, Wood County, from the west Wood County line to WIS 80.
- WIS 54, Wood County, from the south intersection with WIS 80 to 1 mile west of the intersection with WIS 73.
- WIS 173, Wood County, from the north intersection with WIS 80 to Wood County G.
Seasonal weight restrictions (springtime posted roads) are placed on specific highways during the spring thaw period. The restrictions are added to prevent damage to the pavement structure.
In the event of unpredicted cold weather, the postings in each county may be delayed as conditions require, and will become effective at the discretion of the State Highway Engineer.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTnorthcent for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Check the Wisconsin Department of Transportation 511 website: www.511wi.gov
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.