For Antigo Times
AARP Counselors will be providing Free Help in filing Homestead Credit Taxes, for the elderly with low to moderated income with emphasis on the elderly during February and March 2019. NEW LOCATION – Tax Counselors will be at: Resource Center, 837 Clermont St., lower level, Antigo. (across from the courthouse) DO NOT CALL CoVantage Credit Union. Services will be provided on Tuesdays and Thursdays, by appointment only. CALL 715-627-6580 after January 17th to make an appointment. You must leave your name, telephone number and the best time to reach you. You WILL BE called back. Messages are checked daily. Speak loudly and clearly on the machine.
You are required to bring with you the following items:
- Social Security cards for yourself and all of your dependents
- Photo identification for yourself/spouse who must be present
- COPY OF YOUR LAST YEAR’S TAX RETURN – 2017
- Social Security report with the Pink Box SSA-1099
- 2018 Real Estate Tax Bills paid or not paid
- Mortgage interest form – 1098
- A rent certificate completed by your landlord. Be sure it is signed and dated. It must NOT contain any corrections.
- All employers W-2 forms
- Gambling winnings W-2G and proof of losses
- All 1099 forms. 1099 interest, 1099 B, 1099 Dividend, 1099R from retirement of Social Security and 1099G Unemployment
- Total amount of SSI received from State and Federal
- PREMIUM COST FOR HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES, LONG TERM CAR INSURANCE, PART D MEDICARE
- Affordable Care Act insurance info is important
- Small business or rental income and expenses
- Any other income you received.
WE NEED THIS INFORMATION TO PROCESS YOUR TAXES.