Job Center of Wisconsin Returns to Antigo
FOR ANTIGO TIMES
Addressing a common community need for labor pool improvement was one of the goals that were identified at the 2018 Langlade County Economic Development Summit and the priority was made to get the Job Center of Wisconsin to return to Antigo. We are happy to say that goal has been met!
The Job Center of Wisconsin is a central employment conduit for both employees/residents and employers. By directing everyone to the same place, it will facilitate connecting local employers and local job seekers.
Since the beginning of March, the Job Center of Wisconsin has been utilizing the Antigo Public Library on Tuesdays. An employment and training specialist is available every Tuesday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. Appointments are scheduled from 9:00 am to noon and walk in hours are from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm.
The Job Center of Wisconsin can assist job seekers with the following:
- Registration on the Job Center of Wisconsin’s website,
- Searching for jobs,
- Creating or revising a resume, cover letter, and/or reference page,
- Applying for unemployment benefits and weekly claims,
- Applying for jobs online,
- Creating an email account, and
- Other resource assistance to help with an individual’s employment status.
To set up an appointment, call Audrey Kostroskigut at 715-261-8747 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Antigo Public Library is located at 617 Clermont Street in Antigo.
If you are a business owner and need assistance with filling positions and retaining employees, Gail Hurd, a Job Service Specialist at the Department of Workforce Development, can assist employers with the following:
- Submitting positions on the Job Center of Wisconsin website,
- Filtering Job Center of Wisconsin applicants to the business’ needs,
- Utilizing college interns, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and youth
- On-the-job training for employees,
- Registered apprenticeship, and
- Utilizing youth apprenticeship
Contact Gail at 715-261-8722 or email her at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
For more information visit www.jobcenterofwisconsin.com.