COVID-19 UPDATES & RESOURCES FROM MENOMINEE-SHAWANO COUNTIES HEALTH DEPARTMENT
FROM MENOMINEE-SHAWANO COUNTIES HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Menominee, Shawano — Shawano-Menominee Counties Health Department announced today that there is now a total of 3 confirmed cases in Shawano County and 1 confirmed case in Menominee County. The individuals are under isolation as requested by local, state, and federal recommendations.
“Shawano-Menominee Counties Health Department is in contact with these individuals to assure they have the support they need to remain isolated,” said Vicki Dantoin, Health Officer.
It is still more important than ever to remain at home as much as possible to help slow the spread of COVID-19. We thank all of you who have done your part to slow the spread of illness. Keep in mind these helpful tips.
– We strongly urge you not to travel or attend large gatherings at this time.
– If you must go out for essential work or supplies, continue to practice physical distancing of 6 feet away from others.
– Here are some tips for safe shopping: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p02620d.pdf
– To help protect you and your family, please continue to cover coughs and sneezes, wash your hands, avoid touching your face, and wipe down frequently touched surfaces.
– Call your provider before going in for medical care.
– Find some other tips for avoiding illness – including use of cloth masks here: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/protect.htm
Shawano-Menominee Counties Health Department also wants to provide some tools to help you understand when to see a provider, when to isolate, how to isolate, when to quarantine, and how to quarantine. These tools are listed below:
– Here is how to quarantine if you had close contact with someone who has COVID19.
– Here is when you should be released from quarantine if you have had close contact with someone who has been sick.
– Here is how to quarantine if someone in your home is sick with COVID-19.
– Here is when you should be released from quarantine if someone in your home has been sick.
– Use this screening to help you figure out if you need to see a doctor.
– Here is how to isolate if you are tested for COVID-19 but awaiting test results.
– Here is how to isolate if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
– Here is when you should be released from isolation if you have been sick.
We would also like to provide some resources to help you to take care of yourself during this situation. It is important to take time to protect your physical and mental health. Don’t forget to eat well, sleep well, and get some physical activity. It is also good to take time to relax, do things you enjoy, and set boundaries for what you read, watch, and discuss. We will make it through this together!
For more information to help you stay resilient, go to: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/resilient.htm
Shawano-Menominee Counties Health Department wants you to know that we continue to work with state and national experts and monitor the COVID-19 situation. As the situation evolves, we will keep the public informed of any changes in recommendations.
Local COVID-19 Resources
Stay up to date with Shawano County case counts:
Stay up to date with Menominee County case counts:
Or follow Shawano-Menominee Counties Health Department on Facebook:
Other COVID-19 Resources