Information from the Antigo Police Department
FROM THE ANTIGO POLICE DEPARTMENT
We have received multiple calls asking if we are doing vehicle registration and or renewals, at this time we are not due to the current situation.
We wanted to take a moment and advise the proper way of selling a vehicle.
Within 30 days of a vehicle sale the seller needs to report the sale to the WisDOT by completing a Sellers Notification from. This form advises the DOT that you no longer own the vehicle. This form is required and went in effect on January 1, 2016.
As a seller it is important to report the sale of a vehicle to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for many reasons. Doing so can help you prevent fraud, receiving parking citations, tickets or being held responsible for a gas drive off, title jumping and it advises the state that the vehicle is no longer registered to you (if you happen to forget to take the plates off upon sale). This is a great time to remind you to KEEP your plates upon sale of your vehicle.
Within 30 days of sale the seller needs to report the following information to WisDOT:
• Vehicle identification number (VIN) of the vehicle
• Identity of the individual buyer
• Sale price
• Date of sale
This form can be completed online in just a few short steps; the required information is listed below:
• To be an owner of the vehicle (must be an individual, not a business)
• Your Wisconsin driver license or identification card number (or full name)
• The last four digits of your social security number (or full SSN)
• Your date of birth
• The vehicle identification number (VIN) for the vehicle
Below is a guide to assist in the sale of a vehicle.