City of Antigo Common Council Meeting Agenda for 12/9/20
CITY HALL, 700 EDISON STREET
Wednesday, December 09, 2020
CALL TO ORDER BY PRESIDING OFFICER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Approval of the Minutes from the October 14, 2020 Committee of the Whole and November 11, 2020 Common
1. Public Hearing for a Zoning Amendment for 836 Superior Street to change from a R-4 Residential District to a B3 General Commercial District to Convert a Residence to Professional Services and Office Space
2. Public Hearing for a Zoning Amendment for 1310 Hogan Street and 1322 Hogan Street to Change from a R-3 Two-Family Residence District to a R-4 General Residence District to Allow for Multi-Family Housing
Individuals not listed below and wishing to address Council must sign in prior to the meeting. A time limit of 5 minutes will apply unless otherwise approved by Council. Any ruling by the presiding officer relative to Citizen Comments may be overruled by a majority vote of members present.
1. Subjects on the Current Agenda – The presiding officer will call each speaker to the floor during this portion of the meeting. The presiding officer may determine the order of speakers so testimony is heard in the most logical groupings
2. Subjects Not on the Current Agenda – The presiding officer will identify the appropriateness of public comments at this time and may place the matter on a future agenda, or could refer the matter to staff or committee for investigation and report.
UPDATE ON CITIZEN’S REFERRALS FROM PREVIOUS COUNCIL AGENDA
CONSENT AGENDA RESOLUTIONS
CONSENT AGENDA COMMUNICATIONS
1. Department Manager Reports
116-20 Ratify Mayor Brandt’s Approval to Purchase an International Tandem Axle Truck Chassis from Quinlan’s of Antigo along with the Purchase of a Multi-Purpose Radius Dump Body from Monroe Truck Equipment for a Total Package Price of $155,198
117-20 Ratify Mayor Brandt’s Approval to Hire a Full-Time Fire Fighter/Paramedic to Maintain Staffing within the Fire Department Due to a Retirement
118-20 Ratify Mayor Brandt’s Approval of Increasing 2021 Resident and Non-Resident, Inter-Facility, and Mileage Ambulance Rates by 4%
119-20 Ratify Mayor Brandt’s Decision to Approve the Fire Department to Apply for and Accept CARES Provider Relief Grant Phase 3 Funding
120-20 Ratify Mayor Brandt’s Approval to Purchase Bulbs, Quart Sleeves, and Ballasts for Wastewater Treatment Plant from Xylem Water Solutions USA for $4,873
121-20 Ratify Mayor Brandt’s Approval to Purchase a Return Activated Sludge Pump for Wastewater Treatment Plant from Salentine Pump for $5,718.66
122-20 Approve Offer to Purchase of 524 Superior Street in the Amount of $70,000 with Funds to be Derived from the Undesignated Capital Equipment/Improvement Plan (CIP) Fund Balance
123-20 Transfer of $5,000 from the Facade Grant Program to an Antigo Visual Arts (AVA) Program for the Placement of Murals on Selected Downtown Buildings and Dissolving the City’s Long-Standing Facade Grant Program.
124-20 2020 Carry Forwards to be Approved to 2021
125-20 Approval of Police Department’s Squad Car Service Contract with Langlade Ford
126-20 2020 Budget Transfers and Adjustments to Correct Budget to Actual
127-20 Increase Credit Limit on the Communications and Technology Supervisor’s Credit Card to $5,000 for Recurring Monthly Invoice
128-20 Purchase of Service Agreement with Langlade County Economic Development Corporation for Administration of the Community Development Block Grant – Public Facilities Funds for the 2021 Fifth Avenue Reconstruction Project from Lincoln Street to West of Western Avenue and Waiving the Bidding Requirements
129-20 Consideration for the Approval and Extension of an Existing Exterior Improvements Entrepreneur Grant with Rob Cornelius of CR Realty, LLC Located at 723 5th Avenue including a Request for an Additional $3,750 in Entrepreneur Grant Funds for Interior Remodeling Upgrades
130-20 Request for an Entrepreneur Grant by Stacy Marmes and Anita Fischer for Renovations of the Existing Building for the Relocation of the “Man Cave” to 1022 Fifth Avenue
131-20 Request for Entrepreneur Grant for Karen Riemer of ‘Be U Nutrition’ for Renovations and Business Startup Supplies as the new Tenant at 715 5th Ave.
132-20 Request for Entrepreneur Grant for Diane Kondrath, Owner of the Building Located at 817 Fifth Avenue for Front Facade Work as Part of the Painting Pilot Program
1319B Ordinance Amending Section No. 1095B of the Municipal Code of the City of Antigo so as to Classify Certain Property in the City of Antigo as B-3 Instead of R-4 (836 and 828 Superior Street)
1. Secondhand Article Dealer License for Charles C. Braatz dba Mojos at 323 Superior Street
2. Secondhand Article Dealer License for Randy B. Huff dba Antigo Resale Frontier at 815 Fifth Avenue
3. Secondhand Article Dealer License for Robert C. Kemmer/Kemmer Industries dba Stern Electronics at 439 Milton Street
4. Secondhand Article Dealer and Secondhand Jewelry Dealer License for Bart R. Markgraf dba Bart R. Bullion and Coin at 637 Superior Street
5. Secondhand Article Dealer License for Hunter E. Bjorkman dba ecoATM, LLC located inside Walmart at 200 E State Highway 64
6. Secondhand Article Dealer License for Sheldon T. Hable dba Galactic Gaming at 715 Fifth Avenue
7. Change of Agent for Michael’s Family Restaurant to Michael Maksutoski (contingent upon approval of Police Chief)
PAYMENT OF BILLS
1. Direct Deposits for November 13 and 27, 2020 Payrolls
2. BMO Bank Accounts Payable Check Nos. 73967-74125
3. Self-Funding Health Insurance Check No. 2048
4. Block Grant Revolving Loan Check Nos. 3653-3658
Referral of any matters to committees. No discussion or action may be taken on the referral.
The Public in Invited to Participate by Phone. Please call 715-623-3633 ext 100 During Regular Business Hours for Dial In Instructions.
Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, contact Jaime Horswill, 700 Edison Street, Antigo, Wisconsin 54409. (715) 623-3633 extension 100. Members of and possibly a quorum of members of other governmental bodies may be in attendance to gather information. Any governmental body other than that specifically referred to above will take no action.