WEEKLY COVID-19 UPDATE
FROM THE LANGLADE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
In the last two weeks:
– The Burden of Illness for Langlade County is 80.9 per 100,000 and the case activity has DECREASED to MODERATELY HIGH. (WI Burden of Illness is 150.1 per 100,000 and case activity is still HIGH). Between 5/1/2021 and 5/7/2021:
– 7 new cases of COVID-19 were reported to Langlade County Health Department.
– Age groups represented: < 18, 18-24, 35-44, 55-64, 65+
To date, the Langlade County Health Department has not been notified of any variants identified in the county.
The community-based vaccination clinic in the state remains open in Marathon County at the Northcentral Technical College in Wausau and is open Tuesday through Saturday, from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Individuals must register for an appointment using the Wisconsin COVID-19 Vaccine Registry at https://vaccinate.wi.gov/en-US/
To find a vaccine provider near you please visit: https://www.vaccines.gov/search/
For questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and appointment registration support call 844-684-1064.
STATE AND COUNTY DATA: As of Friday May 7, 2021:
• 44.1% of Wisconsin residents have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
• 81.4% of Wisconsinites aged 65 and over have received at least one dose of vaccine.
• 37.8% of Langlade County residents have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
• 74.1% of Langlade County residents aged 65 and over have received at least one dose of vaccine.
• In total (first and second doses) 12,905 doses have been given to Langlade County residents.
LANGLADE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT DATA: As of Friday, May 7, 2021:
• Langlade County Health Department will have administered 3780 total doses.
Individuals can register here http://forms.gle/tpHjKbUDGWkjEjA2A for a COVID-19 vaccine through the Langlade County Health Department, or they can call 715-627-6250.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH GRANT UPDATE:
As part of our grant activities, we are providing outreach to the HOMEBOUND population in our county. If you or a family member are considered homebound, and you are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact us at 715-627-6250 to determine the best method to ensure a vaccine can be obtained.
For additional information please see the CDC website, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services website or the Langlade County Health Department website. You can also follow us on Facebook.