Public input sought on WIS 55 project in Langlade County
FROM THE WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public input on proposed improvements to the WIS 55 bridge over Nine Mile Creek in the town of Wolf River, Langlade County. Construction is currently scheduled for 2025 but could occur as early as 2024.
Proposed improvements include:
- Removing the existing culverts and roadway over Nine Mile Creek
- Constructing a new bridge and approaches
During construction, WIS 55 would be closed at the bridge and detoured for two to three months depending on contractor schedules. Motorists would utilize a posted detour of WIS 52 and WIS 64.
How to provide input:
The public is invited to view maps and other materials on the project website and provide input through Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
- An online comment form is available on the project website.
- Residents, property owners, and businesses in the area have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back to WisDOT.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Stacy Hagenbucher at (715) 365-5770, or by email at Stacy.Hagenbucher@dot.wi.gov. Written comments can be mailed to WisDOT North Central Region, 510 Hanson Lake Road, Rhinelander, WI 54501.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled persons should contact the Wisconsin Relay Service by dialing 711.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s North Central region: