Hwy 45 resurfacing scheduled to begin in Langlade County
Construction information meeting scheduled for September 21
Crews plan to begin improvements to US 45 (south of Antigo), between Birch Road and Maple View Road, in Langlade County on Monday, September 25.
American Asphalt is the contractor for the $1.1 million project. Crews will resurface the highway. Other improvements include a culvert replacement, rumble strip installation and new beam guard.
A public meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 21, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. in the council chambers at Antigo City Hall, 700 Edison Street. The contractor will be available to answer questions about planned construction activities and traffic management. Adjacent property owners are encouraged to attend.
US 45 will remain open to traffic during construction. Motorists can expect to encounter lane closures and flagging operations.
Federal transportation funds will pay for 80 percent of the improvement project; the remaining 20 percent will be paid for with state transportation funds.
Construction is scheduled for completion in November 2017. The schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s north central region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTnorthcent
- Visit the region’s 511 website: http://projects.511wi.gov/region/north-central/
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.