City of Antigo Common Council Meeting Agenda for 3/10/21
CITY HALL, 700 EDISON STREET
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
CALL TO ORDER BY PRESIDING OFFICER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Approval of the Minutes from the February 10, 2021 Meeting
1. A Public Hearing will be held regarding the preliminary resolution authorizing sidewalk and driveway approach special assessments and the report of the Engineering Department pertaining to the reconstruction and/or installation of City sidewalks and driveway approaches
2. Public Hearing to Inform the Public of the Progress on the Downtown Revitalization-Fifth Avenue Project and to Request Citizen Input on the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, Which has Partially Funded the Project. Discussion Items will Include a Review of the Current CDBG Program Activities, the Project Progress and Construction Activities, as well as the CDBG Program Goals.
Individuals not listed below and wishing to address Council must sign in prior to the meeting. A time limit of 5 minutes will apply unless otherwise approved by Council. Any ruling by the presiding officer relative to Citizen Comments may be overruled by a majority vote of members present.
1. Subjects on the Current Agenda – The presiding officer will call each speaker to the floor during this portion of the meeting. The presiding officer may determine the order of speakers so testimony is heard in the most logical groupings
2. Subjects Not on the Current Agenda – The presiding officer will identify the appropriateness of public comments at this time and may place the matter on a future agenda, or could refer the matter to staff or committee for investigation and report.
UPDATE ON CITIZEN’S REFERRALS FROM PREVIOUS COUNCIL AGENDA
CONSENT AGENDA RESOLUTIONS
20-21 Declaring Intent to Exercise Police Powers in Accordance with State Statutes for Sidewalk and Driveway Approach Improvements and Installation
21-21 Waive Permit Fee of $92.00 for the Installation of a Welcome Center Sign at the Langlade County Historical Museum
22-21 Approving Public Works Incidental Concrete Program
23-21 Add a Public Works Lead Worker-Sewer Jet/Concrete Job Description and Rate of Pay and Eliminate the #1 Sewer Jet Operator Job Description
24-21 Contract Renewal for the 2021 Operation and Maintenance of the Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants with Infrastructure Alternatives
CONSENT AGENDA COMMUNICATIONS
1. Department Manager Reports
25-21 Award of the 2021 5th Avenue Construction Bid (Lincoln To Western) as based upon the Recommendation of the Public Works Committee Immediately Preceding this Council Meeting
1322B Ordinance to Adopt Section 12.04 of the Wisconsin State Statutes Regarding Communication of Political Messages
1. Approve Change of Agent for Kwik Trip, Inc. Licenses ~ New Agent Rebecca J. Briskie
1. Street Use Permit for the Closure of 700 to 1000 Blocks of Fifth Avenue on June 12, 2021 for a Celebrate 5th Avenue Event
PAYMENT OF BILLS
1. Direct Deposits for February 5 and 19, 2021 Payrolls
2. BMO Bank Account Payable Check Nos. 74563-74742
3. Self-Funding Health Insurance Check Nos. 2053-2054
4. Block Grant Revolving Loan Check No. 3669
Referral of any matters to committees. No discussion or action may be taken on the referral.
1. Closed Session: Pursuant to Section 19.85(1)(g), Wisconsin Statutes, and upon Proper Motion, the Council will Convene into Closed Session to Confer with City Attorney Regarding a Notice of Claim for Recovery of Unlawful Taxes under Section 74.35 by Regal Northern Investments. Upon Completion of Discussion in Closed Session, the Council will Reconvene into Open Session to Act on Matters Discussed, If Necessary, and Proceed with the Regular Order of Business.
1. Claim Notice for Unlawful Tax by Regal Northern Investments
The Public is Invited to Participate by Phone. Please Call 715-623-3633 ext 100 During Regular Business Hours for Dial-In Instructions.
Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, contact Jaime Horswill, 700 Edison Street, Antigo, Wisconsin 54409. (715) 623-3633 extension 100. Members of and possibly a quorum of members of other governmental bodies may be in attendance to gather information. Any governmental body other than that specifically referred to above will take no action.